Prior survey results recommend that step 3.5% from people notice-defined as gay, lesbian or bisexual.** Certainly 650,000 exact same-sex couples properties known on 2010 Census, from the 80% was cohabiting lovers and you will 20% try hitched people.*** However, previous training recommend that brand new 2010 Census overestimated the population out-of same-sex lovers. This current year, 73% off same-sex maried people counted regarding the census turned out to be opposite-sex married couples.
At the time of e-sex wedding is actually legal inside the 19 says and you can Washington, D.C. A beneficial 2013 Pew Research Heart survey discovered that 16% of Gay and lesbian grownups-mostly bisexuals that have contrary sex people-reported being currently hitched, compared with about half of all of the grownups. A total of 60% out of Lgbt questionnaire respondents had been either married or said they would would you like to marry someday, compared to 76% of your own public.
*** O’Connell, e-Sex Few Domestic Statistics regarding 2010 Census.” You.S. Census Bureau. esex/files/ss-statement.doc) [Hook up tend to down load a phrase file]
Concerning the Investigation
Results contained in this report try mainly based mainly towards a couple of source: research of a recent Pew Search Cardiovascular system questionnaire, erican Society Survey. Continue reading